According to The Wall Street Journal body language plays a key factor in suggesting to others if you are a leader or if you are just lost. If you want to be a leader, let your body show it before you speak it. Here are the cues:
- When talking, keep your head straight.
- Remember to smile.
- Balanced eye contact – don’t stare too little or too much.
- Make points with your whole hand, not just your pointer finger.
- Avoid pacifying gestures like touching your hair, grabbing your neck collar, etc. Remain cool and confident at all times.
- Steepling with your hands – either sitting or standing down exudes leadership.
- Walk while you talk (on stage or in front of an audience) but don’t over do it.
- Speak slow and clear, pause between points.
Reported on Forbes these are some qualifying qualities you should have in order to be an effective leader.
- Be honest about what you are communicating. As the communicator, be clear about the message you want to get across.
- Be confident around your audience and committed to your brand.
- Always have a positive attitude.